Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dark Angel







I am willing to let go and fall into your arms,
Help me free myself from the worldly harms,
Take me as I am, take me now,
To your deathly gallows, I shall bow.

Rescue me from this haunted state,
Wipe my tears for this pain to abate,
Make them suffer your wrath,
They have pushed me too far, they hath.

There is pain running through my veins,
Their betrayal is worst than the blood stains,
I killed for them, took many a innocent life,
Only to leave behind many a widowed wife.

I repent my sins, for it’s of the worst kind,
Their web of lies had left me blind,
I thought this was a fight for a noble cause,
And a few innocent lives, were no one’s loss.

Little did I realize that it was all a big sham,
The cause was only as noble as I am,
Abused to spread terror around the world,
They walked this earth with their souls sold.

At last I have repaid my debts to the widowed wives,
By killing those with the soul-less lives,
It’s time for me to call it a day,
I want to reach you, show me the way,
Oh the blessed Dark Angel of mine,
Where art thou? Just give me a sign.

The above poem describes the last thoughts of a terrorist. He is seeking the Dark angel - which is the Angel of death, because he knows his time has come. For all the sins he committed, spreading violence, motivated by a fanatically advocated hatred, he realizes his mistakes and tries to redeem his soul by killing the perpetrators of that hatred - those who instilled it in him and brainwashed him into a walking assassin devoid of any emotion.

10 comments:

Rahul Nair on November 27, 2007 at 9:42 PM said...

Hey man too good.....
No words...

"Take me as I am" reminded me of bryan adams

its many an innocent man and
many a widowed wife
But the grammar serves the rhyme...

oh! wounded son of mine..
why do you weep..
why do you seek the dark,
when the light is close beside...

dark begets dark,
the light is the way to happiness,
build what you destroyed,
your tool is your remorse..
that, is the way to salvation


From govind : very suited for metal songs...

Bharath R S on November 27, 2007 at 10:04 PM said...

nice poem dude!!! nice to see u personifies urself!!!

and i agree with Rahul!!!

Keep going dude

the stygian sailor on November 28, 2007 at 12:31 AM said...

good one

Unknown on November 28, 2007 at 10:44 AM said...

finally... some good thng! and now u can tell from where u copied it... tell them the truth that u copied it from me :D

Manjunath RG on November 28, 2007 at 10:50 AM said...

hmmm.... i had read this poem long back but forgot to put a comment.
I feel that the angel in the poem is the angel of death for that terrorist but for u who is that angel..
I feel u started the poem on a romantic note but ended up making it a tragical one.... :P

am i right...?? :D

anyways a nice poem.. As jason says if u have copied from him then nice poem from jason.. :D

ಗಿರೀಶ್ ಕಾರ್ಗದ್ದೆ on November 28, 2007 at 11:19 AM said...

Hey Chandan,

Too good poem, I really liked it.

What is your inspiration?
As I was reading poem it made me think of movie Troy...(though its all about soldier).

Good work dude!

Thank you.

Regards,
-Giri.

Pradeep Kaltari on November 28, 2007 at 11:32 AM said...

This is the best post on your blog!!

I hope the 1st line says it all.

Srivatsa Kondapalli on November 28, 2007 at 12:23 PM said...

superb poem dude...

I have no words, else i would have written you a poem now..

Chandan Prabhudeva on November 28, 2007 at 4:09 PM said...

@rahul : thks dai! Your short poem has given the inspiration for my next post!

@bharath : thks macha!
@shrey : thanks for your words dude.These words are fuel to my blogging.

@jason : If i had copied this poem from you, then the angel and the terrorist would have been lovers! we all know hw you think ;)

@manja: thanks paapi! Actually the picture inspired me to write this poem, so there was no romance to start with :)

@girish: thanks maga.. You probably remember Troy because of the kind of language i have used in the poem.

@pradeep : Thanks $ man!

@chiddu: thanks maga. Well you could always write a poem, no one's stopping you :)

Anonymous said...

Nice poem... Hope u will be jobless for ever to write such poems...

Post a Comment

Your valuable feedback?

Followers

Sponsors

 

As the wind blows. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com